Have you purchased an AppleCare plan in the heat of the moment and are now regretting your decision?
Falling prey to the lucrative AppleCare Protection Plan and making impulsive decisions is nothing new.
But what if you feel remorse about your choice? Stop worrying, as this article explains how to cancel AppleCare and get a full refund.
But while this Plan seems promising at first glance, it can cost you a fortune and burn a hole in your wallet.
So, whether you want to save a few bucks or no longer need the coverage, scroll down and learn step-by-step instructions to cancel AppleCare for good.
Let’s get started!!
Table of Contents
How to Cancel AppleCare on iPhone?
Do you find the AppleCare Plan burdensome and are willing to cancel it?
Follow the step-by-step instructions below and instantaneously cancel AppleCare from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch the Settings tab and tap on General.
- Select About, and click to open it.
- Locate an option labeled AppleCare.
- Next, select Manage Plan and terminate the Subscription right away.
Alternatively, you can
- Visit the Settings menu and tap the Apple ID profile name.
- Select Subscriptions and find all active subscriptions.
- Scroll down to AppleCare and tap Cancel Renewal.
- Tap Confirm, and that’s how to cancel AppleCare on iPad or iPhone. You’ll no longer be charged for the AppleCare plan, and your coverage will end after the date shown in the pop-up message.
Note: If you don’t find the Cancel Subscription button throughout the screen, it indicates that your Plan has already expired.
How to Cancel AppleCare Plan on Mac?
What if you want to cancel AppleCare on Mac? Worry not; the process is as simple and requires no learning curve.
Use the guidelines below to carry out the process in no time.
- Navigate to the App Store, and select your Name from the top.
- Click “Sign In” if you don’t find your Name.
- Select Account Settings, swipe to Subscription, and tap on Manage Button.
- Locate the Edit button and tap it.
- Finally, jump to the Cancel subscription, and the process of canceling AppleCare on Mac ends here. If you don’t find the Cancel Subscription button, your Plan has already expired.
What is AppleCare Refund Policy?
Now that you know how to cancel your AppleCare subscription, it’s time to elaborate on the Refund Policy.
Scroll through these pointers to avoid any last-minute surprises.
- If you cancel the AppleCare subscription within 30 days from the day you subscribe, you’ll be eligible for a full refund minus the service you used. Fair enough?
- Can you cancel after 30 days of purchase? Yes, why not. But here’s a catch.
- Those who terminate the AppleCare plan after a month of purchase will get a refund based on the percentage of unexpired coverage plan minus the amount of service they used during that period.
Can You Get a Refund in Upfront Payment?
How do you cancel AppleCare if you have made an upfront payment, and will you get any refund in that case?
The resounding answer is YES. Even if you have paid for AppleCare upfront, you can quickly terminate the Plan and get your refund.
However, the process is slightly different than the one mentioned above. You must contact Apple Customer Support and seek help in such a case.
- Visit Apple’s support website, and tap More.
- Click Hardware Coverage and Other Hardware Coverage Topics.
- Select Cancel or request a refund for an AppleCare plan.
- When you connect with a team member, tell him your concern, and see if it helps.
Before you initiate the conversation, ensure you have supportive documents, such as
- Sales Receipt
- AppleCare product number and the serial number of your device covered by the Plan.
Note: If you have paid upfront and want to cancel AppleCare plan, you must be charged a cancelation fee.
Can I Transfer AppleCare?
While you can cancel AppleCare on Mac, what if you sell your device while the coverage is active? In that case, you can quickly transfer the Plan to the new owner and get your refund share.
However, the process requires the help of Apple Support. You must need the details for your AppleCare plan and the person you are transferring the Plan to.
These details include:
- Person (to whom the AppleCare plan is transferring) Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
Submit these details to Apple Support representatives and the information about your AppleCare Plan. They will then initiate the transfer process and get it done in the shortest possible time.
While the transfer is in progress, ensure your Mac is working well and free from errors, like Erase Assistant is not supported. Fix these errors beforehand, and only hand over your device to another person.
Frequently Answered Question
Q. Can I Cancel the AppleCare Plan Over the Phone or Fax?
Ans. Yes, definitely. You can call 1-800-800-2775 or fax a written request, including your Plan Agreement Number and a copy of the Plan’s original proof of purchase, to 916-405-3973.
Q. How to Check the Time Left on the AppleCare Plan?
Ans. Visit checkcoverage.apple.com, input your device serial number, enter the captcha code, and click Continue. The details about your device’s warranty status will appear on the screen.
Q. What is Covered by AppleCare?
Ans. AppleCare covers repairs or replacement of your eligible Apple devices, including Apple Watch, HomePod, iPad, Apple Pencil, iPhone, iPod, or headphones.
Let’s conclude the guide here. Our research will help you know how to cancel AppleCare plan and get a refund.
Although this coverage plan is beneficial and provides excellent technical support in a single call, it can be expensive in the long term, leaving your bank accounts high and dry.
So, if it doesn’t make financial sense to you or is no longer required, follow the above steps without thinking twice and move out of this hood momentarily.
Thanks for reading & stay connected for more such iOS guides.