Don’t panic if your Apple Watch is lost or stolen; learn how to find Apple Watch using Apple’s Find My app.
In this guide, we’ll explore solutions that can assist you in locating your stolen or lost Apple Watch.
It’s important to note that time is of the essence, so it’s advisable to begin your search as soon as you realize your device is missing.
Also, if you are new to the Apple watch, then you must like how to charge an Apple watch without a charger and what to do if the apple watch is stuck on the iPhone logo, to enjoy a seamless experience.
By implementing the suggested methods promptly, you’ll increase your likelihood of a successful recovery of your Apple Watch.
Now, let’s delve into the various solutions you can undertake for how to find Apple Watch when it’s stolen or lost.
Table of Contents
What to Do if I Can’t Find My Apple Watch?
You may use a few things if you can’t find your Apple Watch before giving up the hunt. Ping your Apple Watch from your iPhone if you believe your device to be close.
Use the Find My app on your iPhone to find it if you think it has been misplaced outside of your immediate area.
Last, use Lost Mode to lock your device so anyone who discovers it cannot access your account.
Learn more about each of these activities by following the instructions below.
How to Find Apple Watch From an iPhone?
You must still have your Watch on and have Find My iPhone turned on on your associated iPhone.
If your Apple Watch is lost, there is no other method to follow it online. Providing you configured the service.
Use the given steps below to locate your Apple Watch:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone and tap the Devices tab.
- Choose your Apple Watch to see it.
- Click on the Play Sound option to navigate to its location.
- Then tap Activate under the Mark as Lost section. This will require your passcode before anyone can turn off Find My, reset the Watch, or pair it with an iPhone.
Change your Apple ID password and contact the police immediately if your Apple Watch isn’t on the map and you’ve marked missing.
How to Find Apple Watch From Your Computer?
Similarly, you can monitor your Apple Watch from any computer’s web browser as long as Find My is active.
- Visit iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. If you enable two-step authentication, you may be asked to verify it’s you.
- Click My Find iPhone, click All Devices, and select your Apple Watch.
- Click Play Sound to make it ring and Lost Mode to restrict access (like Mark As Lost on iPhone).
How to Set Up the Find My App on Apple Watch?
It will automatically be set up on your Apple Watch if you are signed in to your iPhone with your Apple ID and have Find My enabled.
- Open the Settings on your Watch and tap your name on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll down until you see your Apple Watch.
- Tap your Apple Watch name, then tap Find My Watch.
- Make sure that the Find My toggle is turned on.
While unlocking your Apple Watch, if Apple Watch gets locked if you have too many passcode attempts on Apple Watch. Then resolve this issue with simple taps.
How to Lock Your Apple Watch and Mark It as Lost?
If your Apple Watch has been stolen, locking the device will prevent thieves from accessing your data and stop them from trying to resell the device.
At the same time, you can show a message on your screen with contact info in case some good soul finds it and is trying to return your device.
Here’s how to lock your Apple Watch and mark it as lost:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone. Tap your Apple Watch.
- Under the Mark as Lost section, tap Activate.
- On the next screen, you will see an explanation of what this feature does. Scroll down and tap Continue.
- You can enter a phone number to display on the Watch screen after activating Lost Mode. Tap the text field to enter a phone number. Tap Next.
- You will also have the option to enter a message that will display on the Apple Watch lock screen. Tap the box to type your message. Tap Next.
- On the last screen, you can tap the Notify When Found toggle to receive a notification the next time Find My picks up its location. (The toggle is green when enabled.)
- You can also tap to enable the Receive Email Updates toggle to receive emails with updates on the status of your missing Watch. Tap Activate.
So this is all about how to find Apple Watch. Losing an Apple Watch is undoubtedly a frustrating experience, but Apple’s Find My app and associated services offer practical tools for locating a lost device.
By using features like Play Sound, Lost Mode, and Find My Network, you can increase the chances of recovering your Apple Watch.
In cases where finding the device becomes challenging, reaching out to Apple Support and reporting the loss to authorities is crucial.
Remember to take preventive measures to safeguard your Apple Watch and minimize the risk of future loss.
Thanks for reading & stay connected for more such iOS guides.