If you are one of them looking for how to jailbreak iPhone 12, this write-up may help you.
While iPhone 12 is a true marvel of technology, many Apple enthusiasts still yearn for more freedom and flexibility with their device.
Jailbreaking removes software restrictions imposed by Apple and helps users gain access to the inner workings of the iPhone.
It can unlock a world of opportunities while customizing your device. However, jailbreaking isn’t officially allowed; hence, users may have to make additional efforts to jailbreak iPhone 13, 12, or any other model.
This article will explore the possibility of jailbreaking an iPhone 12 and see which versions can be jailbroken.
Not to mention that all of this information also relates to iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max, as the power of the same chip these devices.
Table of Contents
Is It Possible to Jailbreak iPhone 12?
Are you a jailbreak enthusiast? So, you’ll be happy to know a jailbreak is available for your device.
However, that possibility comes with a twist. Not every iOS version is currently supported by the iPhone 12 Jailbreak.
This method is limited to only a few iOS 14 versions while excluding the latest releases from Apple, such as iOS 15.0 or later.
In addition to iOS 15, some latest iOS 14 versions, including iOS 14.6 up to iOS 14.8, are not supported for the jailbreak procedure.
It’s because the exploit used to develop the Jailbreak was closed by Apple in newer releases.
Hence, the iOS 14 versions currently working with the iPhone 12 Jailbreak include iOS 14.0 to iOS 14.3.
Things to Know Before Jailbreaking iPhone 12
Although Apple App Store is packed with millions of applications, more than these might be needed to satiate the appetite of some users.
Owing to this, they often incline toward jailbreaking their device to get access to premium apps and games for free.
However, before you start thinking about how to jailbreak iPhone 12, here are some things you should know before initiating the process.
- Back up your iPhone: Although you execute the jailbreak process appropriately, sometimes, things can go wrong, and you can lose all the data on your iPhone. Hence, it’s always advised to back your data up before initiating jailbreaking to keep it safe, no matter what happens.
- It voids your device warranty: Before you jumpstart jailbreaking, be mindful that it voids your device’s warranty. It means that Apple employees will likely only help you if you run into problems with your phone.
- Your phone could be bricked during jailbreaking: Quite a few people know that jailbreaking can freeze your device, leading to issues like iPhone stuck on a loading screen, etc.
- Use the right software: If you are convinced to jailbreak iPhone 12, use the right software and avoid any fuss later. Double and triple-check the compatibility before you start. Remember that using the wrong software can permanently damage your iPhone.
Step-by-step Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 12
The word “Jailbreak” means different to different people. While some users want to jailbreak their devices only to get access to paid apps for free, others want to make in-depth system-level changes to customize the iPhone.
Whatever your reason, knowing how to jailbreak iPhone 12 before kickstarting the process is good.
At present, you can use unc0ver and Taurine to jailbreak iPhone 12. Both these tools can jailbreak iOS 14.3 or lower running on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Mini, and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
If you are ready to unleash the world of possibilities, scroll down and follow the steps below to jailbreak your iPhone 12.
1. Jailbreak iPhone 12 Using Unc0ver
Introduced by Pwn20wnd, unc0ver is one of the leading jailbreaking tools to access the inner working of iPhone 12.
However, before initiating the process, delete any iOS 14 OTA update file and reboot the device before attempting the Jailbreak.
Here’s how to initiate the process.
- Download the AltStore and unzip its application. Launch the AltStore and move to the next step for how to jailbreak iPhone 12.
- When it’s under progress, click the AltStore icon from Mac’s menu bar and tap “Install Mail Plug-in.”
- Access the Mac’s Mail app and click on the Mail from the Menu bar.
- Select “Preferences” and choose the General tab.
- After that, click “Manage plug-ins” and ensure the AltPlugin is checked.
- Tap on the Apply button and restart the Mail app.
- Connect iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- When AltStore running is in progress, click on AltStore from the menu bar and select “Install AltStore.”
- Tap to choose your decide and enter your Apple ID when prompted.
- When AltStore has finished the installation process, go to the Settings button > General > Device Management and click on your Apple ID.
- Now, launch the unc0ver.dev website in the Safari browser and click the “Open in AltStore” button.
- AltStore will then load the unc0ver tool. Enter your Apple id username and password when asked.
- Finally, open the unc0ver tool from the home screen and tap the Jailbreak button. Wait until the process completes, and do not press the back button to avoid interruption. That’s how to jailbreak iPhone 12 using the unc0ver tool.
2. Jailbreak iPhone 12 Using Taurine
If you have been living under a rock, the Taurine jailbreak is now officially available for iOS and iPadOS 14.0 to 14.0 devices.
It is the latest jailbreak tool launched by CoolStar.
Whether you are unfamiliar with this jailbreak tool or want to brush up on the steps needed to get jailbroken, this tutorial will walk you through how to jailbreak iPhone 12 using Taurine.
Follow the step-by-step guide here.
- First of all, download AltStore from its official site. Double-click the downloaded ZIP file and drag the AltStore icon into the Applications folder.
- Launch the AltStore app and tap the “Install Mail Plug-in” option.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen from where you must click the “Install Plug-in” button.
- Enter your admin password and click Ok.
- Next, a new pop-up indicates the Mail plug-in is installed successfully. You will now launch the Mail application and navigate to Mail > Preferences.
- From Mail preferences, click on the General tab and tap on the Gray Manage Plug-ins button.
- Tick the checkbox next to the AltPlugin. mail bundle and select the gray Apply and Restart Mail button.
- A new prompt will appear where you must choose the “Allow Access” button.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable and click the AltStore icon. Navigate to Install AltStore > your device name.
- Enter your Apple ID and then tap on the blue Install button.
- AltStore is now installed on your iPhone. Go to the Settings icon and select the General > Device Management tab.
- Click on your Apple ID and tap the “Trust [Your Apple ID]” button when prompted.
- Next, select the red Trust button.
- Launch the Safari browser on your iPhone 12 and navigate to the official website of Taurine.
- Scroll down to tap on the blue Install via AltStore button. Confirm that you want to download the Taurine jailbreak by tapping the Open button.
- AltStore will then load Taurine to your device.
- Once done, go to the home screen, and open the Taurine app.
- Click the “Jailbreak” button and wait a few minutes to complete the process. And that’s how to jailbreak iPhone 12 using Taurine.
Frequently Answered Questions
Q. Can I Jailbreak iPhone 12 Passcode?
Ans. Yes. You can easily jailbreak an iCloud-locked iPhone using effective jailbreaking techniques.
However, it would help if you remembered that it could remove some software restrictions but won’t remove the iCloud Activation lock.
Q. Does Apple Allow Jailbreaking?
Ans. No, Apple doesn’t officially allow jailbreaking of your iPhone. Apple generally views jailbreaking as a violation of the end-user license agreement.
While jailbreaking has become a standard way of getting elevated access to the iOS software, this practice needs to be encouraged by Apple as well as our team.
Jailbreaking involves the risk of device damage; hence, we recommend users adopt this approach sparingly.
If you are still interested in jailbreaking your iPhone, it’s advised to learn intricate details about tweaking the smartphone and proceed to the steps.
Jailbreaking makes your iPhone less secure and can result in the void of warranty. Hence, do it at your own risk. Our guide on how to jailbreak iPhone 12 ends here.
If you find our research worthwhile, leave your valuable feedback in the comments below.