TikTok has set the world on fire with its innovative features, be it a short-video format or a creative Rotoscope filter. It emerges as a perfect beacon for entertainment as well as showcasing your talent without leaving your comfort zone. But no matter how thoughtfully this app is designed, it is susceptible to errors and glitches.
One such error is TikTok search not working on iPhone. A majority of users have dogged this complaint lately, creating a buzz on the internet. Therefore, we put ourselves forward and look into the matter to find simple yet practical solutions.
In this iOSIdeas guide, we’ll talk more about this glitch and outline the practical workarounds to get rid of the same. So, are you ready?
Let’s dive right in!!
Table of Contents
What Triggers TikTok Search Not Working on iPhone Error?
Understanding the root causes of the error is always important, as it helps us remove the error from deep within while eliminating its chances of occurring again. TikTok search not working is quite common and appears due to multiple reasons, such as
- Poor or weak internet connection
- A technical glitch in an app or iPhone
- Outdated TikTik version
- Faulty app cache
- Unknown issues with the TikTok server
The factors affecting the missing search bar on the device are identical to the feature failures of most applications. Hence, it’s best to round off the key reasons first and then jump to resolving the TikTok search not working on iPhone error.
TikTok Search Not Working on iPhone – The 5 Possible Solutions.
Need to find a specific video, and what’s that – where is the search bar? Believe it or not, you are not the only one dealing with this weird and frustrating issue. But thankfully, this error is temporary, and you can easily fix it with a few simple workarounds.
So, why wait? Let’s compile the 5 easiest yet most reliable solutions to fix the TikTok search not working error.
Here are the details!!
1. Clean the App’s Cache
The first thing you should do when resolving the TikTok search not working on your iPhone is to clean the app’s cache. Sometimes, a faulty cache triggers the error, making you unable to search for anything.
Here’s how to clear the cache.
- Launch TikTok on your iPhone and find your profile.
- Tap the icon with three horizontal lines displayed in the top right corner.
- Scroll down to “Settings & Privacy” and click “Clear Cache” to free your space.
- Once done, relaunch the app and see if the glitch resolves or if it is still there.
2. Update TikTok
Sometimes, the error appears when you continue to use the outdated version of the app. In that case, you’re advised to download the new version that’s compatible with your iPhone and resolve the error.
Follow the instructions below and update the app in seconds.
- Go to the Apple Store.
- Enter TikTok in the search engine bar.
- If there’s any update available, click to get it and enjoy the latest version of the app.
3. Delete and Re-install the App
Another simple solution to remove the TikTok search not working on iPhone error is to delete the app, wait for a while, and re-install the app to make it work. It might sound irrelevant at first, but believe me, it can resolve the minor app glitches and bring things back on track.
Here’s how to do so.
- Go to the home screen and locate TikTok.
- Press and hold the app icon until the side menu appears.
- Click the Remove App option and wait for a couple of seconds.
- Now, go to the App Store and enter TikTok in the search engine box.
- Search the app and click Get to install it again.
- Verify your Face ID or password, and get the app in seconds.
- Launch the app and see if the error is resolved for good.
4. Check Internet Connection
TikTok requires a strong internet connection to work. Hence, you might struggle with the TikTok search not working on iPhone error if you have a patchy internet connection.
In that case, it’s advised to check your network strength and consider switching to a new source if you are receiving poor signals. You can try resetting the network settings to resolve the error.
5. Check TikTok Servers
If none of the above methods works and you are still struggling with the TikTok search not working on iPhone error, it’s time to face the reality and check the app servers.
Sometimes, the problem appears on the server end, and you can do nothing about the same. So, check the online community or TikTok’s social media handle to know the current server status. If the problem is in the server, you must wait until developers resolve the issue.
Frequently Answered Questions
Q. How to Restart TikTok?
Ans. If you don’t want to delete the app, consider restarting it. To do so, swipe up and hold from the bottom to open the recent apps and close TikTok for good. Now, wait for a while and launch it again.
Q. Where to Find TikTok Search Filters?
Ans. To find TikTok search filters,
- Launch the app and go to the Menu bar.
- Select Filters, such as video category, count, date posted, and more.
- Tap Apply and find what you are looking for.
The Bottom Line
It’s now time to wrap up the article. We hope our listed solutions will help you fix the TikTok search not working on iPhone error.
While TikTok has done a great job of entertaining people, it is not fully immune to glitches. Hence, it’s best to follow our guide and enjoy the app seamlessly.