Apple’s AirPods are the most reliable products in the market; one can take them out of the MagSafe Charging Case anytime, toss them in their ears, and they work perfectly.
Unfortunately, no product is perfect, so users have reported connectivity issues with their AirPods.
Some will tell you to go for the left or right AirPod replacement, which must be fixed.
So if these bug has also hit you, do not freak out; here, we have some simple and effective steps for you to resolve the issue.
So let’s scroll down and discover how to fix the one AirPod not working issue.
If Siri has irritated you and you don’t want to hear loud notifications, then you must check how to turn off Siri on AirPods.
Table of Contents
Why is Only One AirPod Not Working?
Nothing can be more frustrating than playing music in a single ear when your right or left AirPod is not working.
The AirPods have the same functions but work differently, so there can be some separate issues with one of them.
The MagSafe Charging Case is provided for both of them, but sometime you may face the problem where one of your right or left AirPods is not charging, so it needs to be checked separately.
Apple products are known for their durability, but they, too, have a specific working period.
It is estimated that the AirPods last for 2-3 years. So if your one AirPod is not working, Then there must be a strong chance that you have been using it for too long and need a new one.
Although Apple has always been known for its regular updates, so the user doesn’t need to worry about it, you still need to check whether your AirPods firmware has been updated.
And can also be the reason behind the issue, or sometimes even your AirPods won’t connect to your iPhone if you are still using the outdated version.
AirPods firmware updates automatically, so if you need to check it, you can follow these simple steps.
- Go to Settings
- Tap on the”ⓘ” Button in front of your AirPod Name in the Bluetooth list.
- Then scroll down to the About section to find the firmware version.
There you will get to check the latest version of your firmware.
How to Fix the One Airpod Not Working Issue?
Nobody likes the scenario when the AirPods lose connectivity, and you have no idea why is only one AirPod working.
But the good news is that there are a bunch of hacks you can do yourself before contacting an expert, and we hope one of them works for you. So let’s discover each one of them.
1. Check the Battery Level of AirPods and the Charging Case.
The MagSafe Charging Case and AirPods have their batteries separately. The MagSafe Charging Case provides talking hours of up to 20.
The single AirPods individually last for 3-4 hours. Check the battery level of AirPods and MagSafe Case: This is why AirPods need to be fixed.
2. Clean the Dust in the Charging Case and AirPods.
You may be severely using your AirPods and not cleaning them regularly. It led to the MagSafe Charging Case’s blockage, which is why your left or right AriPod is not charging.
Take earbuds and clean the area from which the AirPods connect with the MagSafe Charging Case.
3. Turn on/off Bluetooth on Your iPhone.
There may be no problem with AirPods itself; in that circumstance, you must check the software. Please scroll up to the Bluetooth option, or go through the settings menu.
Turn your device’s Bluetooth on and off, and try connecting again. And one of the most straightforward hacks you can do when your AirPods don’t connect to the iPhone or any other device.
There is also another way where you can turn off Siri on AirPods.
4. Reconnect Your AirPods
Sometimes your AirPods are connected, but the sound is coming from your phone; this can be confusing because you will need to know what is going wrong.
So to solve this, you would have to reconnect your AirPods to your phone, and here are the steps you would need to follow:
- Open settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- You will find the name of your AirPods under the Bluetooth option.
- Then you will be directed to a new page; scroll down to the bottom and tap “Forget This Device.” Now your AirPods will be disconnected from your iPhone or iPad. And you have to reconnect it again.
- Open the AirPods charging lid.
- Until now, you have unpaired your AirPods with your iPhone or iPad and would have to reconnect it again.
- Open Bluetooth from the settings menu on your device.
- Press the button for 15 seconds on your AirPod’s MagSafe Charging Case, starting the pairing mode.
- In the next step, close the lid of your MagSafe Charging Case and open it again.
- Hold the AirPods MagSafe Charging Case near your iPhone, and you will see connectivity on your screen tap done. And that’s how easily you can reset your AirPods.
5. Update The Firmware
Maybe your device is running on an outdated version, blocking it from connectivity; check for the latest update and do it now.
6. Hard Reset AirPods
To establish a new connection, you can hard reset your AirPods; the steps are the same as mentioned in method 4, hope this hack work for you.
Get Help From Apple
If you have tried all the solutions mentioned above and still need help figuring out why one AirPod is not working, then it’s time to take the help of experts; try contacting the Apple Help center.
You can either call their customer care support number on drop a mail to the helps center and wait for their response.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1.Why is one of my AirPods not working?
Ans. If one AirPod not working, then there are chances that it is running out of battery. Make sure you charge both of your AirPods properly and connect again.
Q2. Why are my left AirPods not charging?
Ans. Suppose one of your AirPod is not charging; there must be an issue with your MagSafe Charging Case or the tip of your AirPods, which is blocking it from the connecting point. Make sure you clean it regularly.
Q3. How to fix one AirPod not working?
Ans. If your AirPod is not working, you can check the following:
- Check if the battery is fully charged.
- If not, charge it for a few hours or until it shows 100% complete on its screen. You may also need to charge your AirPod using MagSafe Charging Case.
- Check that the MagSafe Charging Case is correctly connected to the charging cable and that there are no obstructions between them.
- Make sure that there are no foreign objects between them, such as hair pins or any other metal object which could be blocking the connection of the charging cable and AirPod, MagSafe Charging Case.
Q4. What to do if one AirPod is not working?
Ans. Generally, if one of your AirPod stops working, it is running out of battery or unable to charge. In that circumstance, you can charge both of the AirPods together.
Q5. Why Is My AirPod Only Playing in One Ear?
Ans. There are a few possible reasons for an AirPod, which only plays in one ear. The AirPods might be defective. If your one AirPods are not working correctly, you could have a problem with the MagSafe Charging Case or wire.
We hope you understand why your one AirPod not working and how you can resolve it.
You can sometimes experience a bug in the connectivity of your AirPods to your iPhone, but there’s no need to panic because every technical issue has a solution.
If this blog helped you fix your problem, please consider sharing it with others.