How to Play Gomoku? – is one question that is doing the rounds everywhere on the internet. If You are also looking for the same, then you are not alone who wants to know about it.
This popular Japanese board game has been ruling the charts since its release. This game looks similar to tic-tac-toe but is a more complex version of it.
This two-player board game has swap-opening rules. Since without knowing the rules and gameplay, it is not easy to win this game.
Now, let us look at “How to play Gomoku” first. But before moving ahead, Do you want your iPhone’s Siri to work only on the phone? And if it doesn’t want to work on AirPod, then read our blog to know how to turn off Siri for AirPods.
Table of Contents
How to Install Gomoku on iMessage?
To know How to play Gomoku with our winning strategy, you must install the game on the iMessage app.
Follow the steps given below:
- Initially, you have to Open an iMessage conversation thread on your iPhone. You can do this by visiting your Messages app. For this, you have the liberty to create a new chat or join anyone open already.
- Next, click on the App Drawer icon. This icon can be found on the left of the chat textbox.
- After that, some iMessage app selections will appear in front of you. Here, you have to click on the App Store icon to open the App Store.
- Likewise, look for the search button and click on it quickly. After that, you have to search the GamePigeon app.
- Now, if you are thinking about why GamePigeon is required, let me tell you that all the games like Mancala, 8-ball pool, etc., are all included in the GamePigeon collection only, including Gomoku as well.
- Click on the Get button. Click on the Get button to add GamePigeon to your iMessage app list.
Gomoku Game Rules
Every game has some rules, so, To Know, How to Play Gomoku, You first know about its game rules.
Let us have a closer look at them:
- First, you must know that Gomoku can be played by two people together. Here players take their turns and place their pieces on the board alternatively.
- Here the player can place their stone at an empty intersection on the board.
- One thing worth noting here is that only the player who has black pieces get the chance to make the first move in the game.
- Here, the game continues until a player makes a pattern of five pieces—regardless of direction – Horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- Only the player who made a row of five pieces and not less/more than that can win a game.
How to Play Gomoku?
Now, as we have installed Gomoku, and know the rules, let us know about “How to play Gomoku.” For this, follow the steps given below:
- Initially, you have to go to the messages on your iPhone.
- Now, pick any friend you want to play the game with.
- Here, tap on the “Add Drawer” item found at the lowest part of your screen.
- Afterward, Go to the App Store and click on it.
- Now, in the search bar, you must type “GamePigeon” and click on the Get button.
- Once the game gets installed, Go back to the “App drawer” option.
- As you will return, you have to tap on the GamePigeon icon.
- Once you become active on the app, It will display many games. Out of which, you can choose whatever you want to play.
- You have to tap on “Gomoku” to play.
- As soon as the Gomoku game is launched, you have to click on the send button, and automatically, an invite will be sent to your friend, who will get a chance to start the game.
- In Gomoku, every time, the first player has to put the stone on the intersection to start the game.
- Once the game starts, your next moves will depend on whether you want to make a pattern in horizontal, vertical, or diagonal lines. Meanwhile, your friend will try every way possible to block you.
Here you will be given a total of 5 stones, and you must place them in a pattern to win the game.
Here the players get two color stones – white and black. The game’s primary goal is to make a line pattern before your competitor, who will try to block you.
Since you are confused about how to play Gomoku like a pro, read the tips below.
Pro Tips for Wining in Gomoku
As you know, Gomoku is a strategic game focusing on players’ minds’ reasoning and arithmetic. Now, we will discuss some pro tips to learn “How to Play Gomoku” in a better way and to win it.
1. Know your opponent well
Whether you are playing Gomoku online or offline, It is always better to think ahead of your opponent in the game. If you know your opponent’s playing style, you can win the game easily.
2. Challenge the player
You have to play more and more and accept the maximum challenges. This will make you perfect. This way, you will also know about the tactics of your opponent.
3. Focus on your weakness
While playing, you have to focus and outpower your weakness. Since once you get to know about your weakness, then half of the battle is already won.
4. Take time before your move
it is rightly said that – think before any action. So, to know “How to play Gomoku,” you first have to understand the importance of patience. You will only take enough time to make your move in the game.
5. Use the time of your opponent
When you play Gomoku online, you don’t have much time to think about your move. So, you can use your opponent’s time to think about your next move if you want to win the game.
6. Pay special attention to your first 10 moves
As you know, the first 10 moves are essential in every game. So, if you start carelessly, then there are high chances that you may lose the game.
7. Stop your opponent from scoring more than 4
In the game, you should start with the attacking mode if the opponent is close to winning. This way you can get more chances of winning finally. So try to Stop Your Opponent from Scoring More Than 4 to know how to play Gomoku in a better way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is the easiest way to win Gomoku?
Ans: The first player gets the chance to make the first move on the Gomoku. The player who successfully places all five stones first in a pattern either horizontally, diagonally, or vertically wins the game.
So, it would help if you focused on blocking your opponent’s way while planning your next move to know how to play Gomoku like a pro.
Q2: Is Gomoku hard?
Ans: Well, Gomoku is an abstract strategy board game. If your analytical skills are good, this is not tough for you.
It is intermittent in terms of complexity, as you must also plan your moves while keeping a close eye on the opponent’s stones. But with the pro tips given above, it will be simpler for you to win the game.
Q3: How old is Gomoku?
Ans: This strategic and logical board game is not new to the gaming world. Its roots belong to the 1920s era. It was invented by Kubomatsu Katsukiyo, 8 dan, in the 1920s.
This game is similar to Tic tac Toe. In some places, it is known as Nine Men’s Morris and the modern Connect Four.
It is said that Ancient China first developed this 4000-year-old game’s rules.
Ancient China first developed this 4000-year-old game’s rules.
Q4: Is Gomoku a solved game?
Ans: Yes, Gomoku was already solved many years ago. So, let me tell you that, There’s a revised version as well, known as Connect6, in case you are interested. Here you might be thinking of Go?
Under some free opening rules, Gomoku has been proven to be sure to win for black, aka the first player.
Want the Best Eye-Catching Bio for Clubhouse App in 2022? Then have a look at the best bio ideas here.
Hey folks, this is all about “How to play Gomoku.” If you still have questions, write to us in the comment section.