Suppose you are typing an important message to your friend, and suddenly, your keyboard starts throwing tantrums. Sounds weird? To your surprise, a majority of Apple users have reported iOS 17 keyboard bugs lately, facing the same issue we were just imagining a few seconds ago.
So, why are these bugs arising, and can you resolve them on your own? While iOS 17 has brought lots of improvements in iPhone’s performance, it’s still not fully immune to errors and glitches. Therefore, if you are experiencing this not-so-expected error, don’t freak out, as we are here to help.
This iOSIdeas guide will help you find the key triggers causing the error and some possible workarounds to fix it for good. Let’s have a closer look.
Table of Contents
What Are the Reported iOS 17 Keyboard Bugs?
Firstly, let’s begin with the list of reported iOS 17 keyboard bugs to understand what errors usually cause trouble when using the keyboard.
The list includes,
- The keyboard vanishes and doesn’t appear for a long.
- Some apps show incompatibility with the iOS 17 keyboard
- The keyboard is laggy and incapable of registering your taps.
- It shows the wrong autocorrect.
How to Fix iOS 17 Keyboard Bugs? 5 Easy Ways
iOS 17 keyboard bugs can be frustrating – after all, it stops you from reaching out to your family or friends when you need them the most. But there’s no need to worry about it, as we have five easy ways to fix the trouble.
Stick to them and bring your keyboard back to normal.
1. Reset Your Keyboard Dictionary
Sometimes, the error appears due to the error in the keyboard dictionary. In that case, you must reset the dictionary using the steps below and resolve the issues related to autocorrect.
- Visit Settings and then head to the General tab.
- Click Transfer or Reset iPhone and tap on Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
- Enter your Apple ID code, if asked, and confirm your action by tapping on Reset Dictionary.
2. Disable and Enable the Keyboard
Are you still struggling with iOS 17 keyboard bugs and wondering how to get rid of them? Do not fret. Try disabling and enabling the keyboard again to resolve the error. It can help you fix simple bugs in a few simple clicks.
Here’s how to do so.
- Head to Settings and click General.
- Scroll down to keyboard> keyboards.
- Swipe left on the keyboard name and tap Delete.
- Exit the Settings tab and wait for a while.
- To re-enable the iOS Keyboard, visit Settings > Keyboard and click Add New Keyboard.
- Select the keyboard from the list, and it’s done.
- Try using your keyboard and see if it helps.
3. Restart Your iPhone
Sometimes, your keyboard shows tantrums because of a technical glitch in your iPhone. In that case, you must restart your device and see if it can help you resolve the bug.
This can clear the temporary glitches that might be causing the problem.
To restart your iPhone, you must
- Hold down the side button and either of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider and turn off your iPhone for a while.
- To restart, hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
4. Reset All Settings
Still facing iOS 17 Keyboard Bugs? It’s best to reset all settings on your iPhone and give your phone a fresh start. Don’t panic; it won’t erase your data, so you can stay calm during the process.
Resetting the settings will just restore your device to factory defaults, which might help you resolve the problem.
Follow the instructions to do so.
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap on Reset All Settings.
- Enter the passcode if prompted.
- Click Reset All Settings to confirm your choice.
- Try using the keyboard and see if the error is resolved.
5. Check for Updates
While Apple has launched iOS 17 to improve iPhone performance, the update iteration doesn’t end there. It is continuously releasing further updates, like iOS 17.1.1, 17.1.2, and more.
So, it’s best to check if your iPhone is running on the new update for better functionality. Sometimes, an outdated iOS version might be the possible trigger causing iOS 17 keyboard bugs.
Here’s how to make sure that your iPhone is updated to the latest version.
- Go to Settings and tap General.
- Click the Software Update on the top.
- If the update is available, tap Download and Install.
- Wait for a while until your device gets upgraded.
Frequently Answered Questions
Q. What Triggers iOS 17 Keyboard Bugs?
Ans. A few of the possible reasons triggering the error are:
- Software Bugs
- The keyboard app is crashing
- Faulty keyboard settings
- Physical damage on the screen
Q. What’s New in iOS 17 Keyboard?
Ans. The iOS 17 keyboard is powered by a handful of new features, such as improved autocorrect, autofill, and grammatical typos detection.
That’s all about a few ways to resolve iOS 17 keyboard bugs. We hope our guide has helped you fix the trouble and make things normal.
But if none of them seems to be working, wait no more and contact Apple Support for more assistance. They can guide you through the complex error-resolving steps and check if there’s an issue with your device.
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more updates!!